The Sweets

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Ranting and Raving

I haven't really had too much time to post lately. My accounting class is killing me and not softly either. I hate that shit. Can't wait till this quarter is OVER! I've been pulling my hair out over that mess. I'd rather have a teacher that can teach instead of having an accountant who is trying to teach. I have a D in that class and I'll be lucky if I'm able to keep up that D until the end of the semester. I usually make really good grades but that is the hardest class I've ever taken in my life.
While I'm venting, I might as well go on and vent about the show "Run's House." I'm still upset that they only had like what, 5 shows? I know that it'll be back next season; but damn didn't the season just start? What am I suppose to do with my Thursday nights now? Watch "Eve"? I don't think so. And call me corny but I just loved his words of wisdom after the show. I go on his website just to read them everyday.
And another thing that I can't stand is all the hype about 50 cent. I wish that he would just fall off the face of the earth already. He's always bragging about how big of a hustler he is. He ain't sh&*t. He is no hustla at all. Anyone that sells drugs to kids, rob people, shoot at people, and then turn around and brag about it in their rap songs is NOT a hustla. They are PUNKS! He needs to meet a REAL hustla like my father. He worked all of his life basically to care for his family. Being the oldest son in his family in the poor south, he had to drop out of school in the 9th grade just to help his mom support his little brothers and sisters. My father is 64 years old and he has always had a job. He's never missed a day of work in his life; rain, sleet, or snow, and no matter how sick he may be. Growing up, me and my siblings may have not always had name brand clothes to wear to school; but we had clothes, a roof over our heads, and food in our bellies. And my mom was too sick to work. My dad took care of all of us by himself and he didn't have to shoot nobody, rob nobody, or do anything else illegal to provide for us. And although he only had a 9th grade education, he ALWAYS stressed the importance of having an education to his kids. I remember one time when I was like 14 or 15 I had said something about being tired of school and that I wanted to quit. My father was infuriated with me for saying that. He said that if I ever quit school that I would have to get a job, move out, and find a place of my own. Needless to say, I never mentioned it again. My father is officially retired, but he STILL works. Now that's a hustla fo yo a$$.

Posted by AlwaysSweet :: 6:22 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------